Austin James Kura

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Day 33

Austin is still on the nasal CPAP. He doesn't seem to like it too well; however, he is tolerating it and maintaining good "numbers." During our visit tonight, we were able to watch his weigh in which was a treat. As you can see in the picture above, he was awake, alert and not attached to any breathing equipment while being weighed. We were priveleged to hear a few whimpers tonight which we also captured on video. Because he has had a breathing tube down his throat up until yesterday, this was the first time that we have heard any noise out of little Austin since his delivery.

He weighed 780 grams tonight and is receiving 15 cc's of breast milk for each feeding. We are praying that he will continue to grow and do well with the CPAP. Thank you all for your interest in Austin's progress and for your continued prayers.

4 Comments:

  • He is sooooo cute.......

    I want thank all of you that are taking great care of him.....Especially GOD......we are so lucky to be witness to this miracle........

    And I want to thank all of you helping the Kuras at home, I live too far away to come help, but my heart is there......

    WE LOVE YOU.............. take care of yourselves..

    By Blogger Melanie, at 8:37 PM  

  • He looks sooooooo good. God is good! Most infants don't like cpap but it is progress!Austin e-mailed me yesterday from his isolete and asked if I could give him a few pounds or ounces. I agreed to sneak some cocoa into his breat milk next time I work...(just kidding). He is in my prayers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 AM  

  • What a slugger... so glad to see a pic of the little guy minus his extra baggage (tubing) Paige thinks he is quite handsome. We miss you and continue to pray for strength for Austin as well as each of you. May He be real to you today!
    love
    allie, adam and paige

    By Blogger alliepage, at 6:01 AM  

  • I LOVE Austin and your amazing family.I try to visit you everyday. I'll be away next week but will be so excited to catch up with you. God Bless you all. Robin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home