Austin James Kura

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Day 47

Gina had a quality visit with Austin today. As soon as she arrived this afternoon, she had her first experience changing one of Austin's poopy diapers. It was a continuous blowout to boot...after 4 diapers and clean bedding in place, she settled him down by singing songs and laying her hand across his body. He loved time with his mommy.

Austin's CBC was down a bit; therefore, he is receiving a blood transfusion this evening...he is receiving 22 cc's of blood over an 8 hour period. He weighed in today at 1055 grams.

Mimi and PaPa Kura came back in town and were also able to visit Austin today. It is nice to have their helping hands around the house.

4 Comments:

  • The Love Of a Mother is a wonderful gift of God........

    Gina is a wonderful mother... she has taught me a lot about life and she has become a good friend besides my cousin. She was the little one I babysat, and yet she has shared some good ways to help my kids. She made my mom laugh and loved to share stories of funny things Andrew and Abbie would do during the day. Mom would love to be writing messages on here to Austin.......

    Thank You Jon and Gina for sharing your miracle with all of us....and letting us be a part of this too.

    By Blogger Melanie, at 8:33 PM  

  • Austin and I had to have another talk today. I had to explain again today that blow -outs would not be popular with the chicks ! Gee, I hope this doesn't happen at his baby dedication! He also told me that besides scuba diving, singing and dancing, and weight lifting, he has decided to add acting to his resume! His new movie coming out is "AUSTIN GUMP. " He has been rehearsing his lines to me.....Sh--t happens! Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know who's going to get it!He thought that was very clever since he loves to poop on everything!After Gina left yesterday, I got his IV in and we had to change his bed again!RUN AUSTIN RUN!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 AM  

  • Today is my first time reading about Austin, I said a little prayer for him. He is a little fighter.

    My prayers are with Austin and his family always.

    Love in Christ

    By Blogger Renee, at 5:10 AM  

  • I just talked to Austin again at work and he told me he had to change his line for the movies because he is not allowed to swear......It is now POOP HAPPENS! Good thinking!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home