Austin James Kura

Friday, July 28, 2006

7 weeks

During Gina's visit today, Austin was swaddled from neck to toe in a blanket, his head was covered with the CPAP hat and his face covered with the CPAP mask. He was sound asleep and all she could see was his tiny lips and his little chin.

His oxygen level's were around 25% throughout the day which is good. He is now receiving 22 cc's of breast milk...30 cc's is one ounce. Austin weighed 1125 grams tonight...up 25 grams from yesterday.

Friends of ours are watching our other 3 kiddos in the morning (Sat.) so Gina and I can have a quality visit with Austin. Andrew is excited to play with Savannah who was one of his favorite friends from preschool. We appreciate the continued prayers for Austin and our entire family.

2 Comments:

  • I had Austin as my patient today and was very excited. He asked me what I thought about staring in an Austin Powers movie since it was his first name sake. I told him although Austin Powers could dance, get the girls,and had some clever secret agent type things, he was 10 times better looking than him. Besides, I don't carry fake hair chest!He told me that was groovy baby!He knew he could impress me with the no blow-outs today!I wish I was 50 yrs younger!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

  • Seven Weeks........

    A True Miracle, God has blessed us all with little Austin...he has changed my life in realizing how wonderful GOD is.....

    Thinking about how many peolpe have Austin in their prayers and the Kura family, Gina and I talked about it today, and we were just amazed and thankful for all the prayers from people we don't even know....That is the POWER of GOD. Lifting up your fellow christians in need, and praying for those who don't believe in God's love yet. After witnessing the miracle of Austin has to put the reality that GOd is real and without him, you will be lost forever.....

    Thank you to all who are helping the Kura family.....Those of us that live farther away wish we could be there.

    Andrew, Abbie and Audrey....we love you too and you are very special to all of us ,we miss seeing you.

    By Blogger Melanie, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home