Austin James Kura

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 50


Here is little Austin wide awake just before his noon feeding today. He is still eating every three hours and is now receiving 22 cc's of breast milk. He lets you know when feeding time is approaching! He gets a little restless and lets out a cry or two as well.

When Austin is restless, he absolutley loves to have mommy's hand on his back as pictured above. He likes daddy's hand a little too, but I am convinced he can tell when it's mommy's touch. We had a nice visit with Austin today. He now weighs 1145 grams which is a little over 2 pounds, 8 ounces and his O2 hovered around 24%. He is so precious and we love him so much.

4 Comments:

  • Even though I have 4 kids of my own I can honestly say how amazing and precious he truly is.

    To get a glimpse of his eye open and looking at you is very sweet. He is a REAL charmer. Ladies man!!!

    Jon and Gina, what a GREAT job you are doing tackling the other 3 and all this with Austin. GOD BLESS YOU.

    Still take time for yourselves and keep up your health and know that we are all praying for you and the kids as much as we are for Austin.......WE LOVE YOU!!!!

    Cousin Melanie and family, Great Grandma Cross too.

    By Blogger Melanie, at 9:38 PM  

  • I would say he is sweeter than a baby's bottom! Austin is in my prayers daily!......and my boys too!.....and my moms!......and many of my friends! It is the power of prayer!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 AM  

  • One of the upsides of a NICU baby is that they are very efficient and regimented eaters. They are well aware of being hungry and they do not dawdle when food is available. I used to nurse two NICU grads in less time than the singleton who used me as his breast-shaped pacifier.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at 8:38 PM  

  • You have one big fighter here. My thoughts and prayers are with this little guy.

    By Blogger Renee, at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home