Austin James Kura

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day 55

Now you see why they refer to holding premies as "Kangaroo Care!" Austin hung out inside mommy's shirt for a good 2 hours tonight and loved every minute. Gina has been really having some quality visits with Austin and is getting to know his little personality along with his likes and dislikes.

He gained 40 grams today...weighing in at 2 pounds, 11 ounces. He is now on the nasal cannula for 9 hours and the CPAP mask for 3 hours. Austin continues to do well and has strung together a stretch of good days.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done." I Chronicles 16:8

4 Comments:

  • 9 hours on the cannula is AWESOME. My girls came home on room air, cuz I wasn't about to schlep all that equipment around for two. Annie clung to the cannula well into the intermediate nursery. I bribed the nurses in the log book: I wrote a note offering $100 for the nurse on whose shift she went to room air and stayed there. She was on room air within 24 hours.

    Don't overlook bribing the nurses.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at 10:42 PM  

  • LOOOOKIN GOOD!!!! Austin has the nurses in awe and doesn't need to have us bribed!......We will take money however!( just kidding).....Praise the Lord for the progress Austin is making!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 AM  

  • God is so good... Enjoy this special time with Austin.

    Thanks for all the picture.

    My prayers are with him always

    By Blogger Renee, at 4:46 AM  

  • The love of a child , all snuggled next to mommy.....What a wonderful sight!!!! I really love watching his progress and how God is working in all of us watching this MIRACLE grow before our eyes.....

    My mom would have been HOOKED to this blog!!! just like I am....Thanks for all the talks Gina and I am glad he is doing so well....and we pray for the rest of you too.

    By Blogger Melanie, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home